Wednesday, December 4th, 2013...12:27 pm

Wonderopolis

Jump to Comments

wonder
Have you heard of Wonderopolis? It’s a really neat website that offers daily information about things we often wonder about!

Your task:
1.) Post the Wonderopolis widget into a new post (click WIDGET for embed code)
2.) Read the Wonder of the Day.

3.) Post a comment on THIS POST that includes FIVE interesting facts you learned from the Wonder of the Day.

If you finish, read another Wonder of the Day and post what you found interesting!

4 Comments

•   n380538
    December 4th, 2013 at 2:15 pm    

What I learned in ,Why do Measurements matter?
    If you don’t look at the directions on a recipe the measurements will be wrong and your food won’t turn out how it is supposed to be.Sometimes in math you need to know the measurements.You have to measure twice cut once.you have to know the measurement for gas mileage. Measurements is a part of health.

•   n381555
    December 5th, 2013 at 11:15 am    

The five things I learned from Wonderopolis is that tears help keep your eyes clean. That you can think of tears as a bath or a shower for your eyes. That crying can be triggered by both mental and physical causes. Sometimes ,though, our eye can produce more tears than our tear ducts can drain. Also one last interesting detal is that crying is caused by two things emotion tears, and reflex tears.

•   n381631
    December 11th, 2013 at 12:44 pm    

I learned That Nelson Mandella fought for freedom becuase he thought poverty was wrong.
    I also think all of the black people who fought for freedom thought the same thing.
    I learned that Nelson Mandella fought for freedom by many speeches.
    I learned Nelson Mandella left the rest of his years in the hands of the people of South Africa.
    Finally I learned Nelson Mandella was a big help to the people of South Africa Becuase he was so brave just to spend 27 years of his life in prison just for standing up for what he believed in.

•   n381631
    December 12th, 2013 at 11:04 am    

I learned to be nice but to go above and beyond is better.
    I Learned that you can change the world one step at a time.
    I learned that one little bisuiness can make people feel better.
    I leaned that a bisuiness does good things and doesnt get paid.
    I finally learned that you can make a total stranger a friend.
    Ainsley